Thursday 18 June 2009

FBI's Most Wanted!!

Years ago I worked in a photo lab, in a rather 'well off' area. The customers were, not to put too fine a point on it, snooty bastards, with the odd exception of a nice person here and there.

This one certainly was not. She came in the shop clutching her pack of photos and demanded to see the manager, who was out on lunch. So I as I was on my own I asked if there was anything I could do for her. She told me she'd been in that morning to collect her photos and had just been looking through them to order some reprints. However, she informed me, she was appalled at the state of her negatives. There were "fingerprints all over them", and they certainly weren't her fault, as she "doesn't leave fingerprints!!!!" It took all my strength not to burst into a fit of laughter at this proclamation, all I could do was apologise profusely and wipe some negative cleaner over them to remove said fingerprints, and since she only wanted 5 reprints, I gave her them for free.

Reminds me of 'Seven', when Kevin Spacey's character turns up at the police station to hand himself in and they find he's been grating his fingertips off...

No comments:

Post a Comment